Welcome, or What the Heck Is All This?!
Thank you for joining us in this new corner of the growing Magic Meathands online empire!
If you received an email from us recently via WordPress.com, you probably signed up to our mailing list at one of our shows over the last few years. Or maybe you signed up on our website. We’re transitioning our fan club community newsletter to this blog format, so from now on you’ll hear about shows, online videos, our community outreach program, auditions, and other exciting announcements from this blog. By subscribing to our blog, you’ll get an email letting you know about new postings here. It’s the perfect low-maintenance way for you to enjoy our Meathandy goodness!
All you have to do is confirm your sign-up, which is easy. Here’s how:
In the email you received, there will be a link in there asking you to confirm that you still love us. Assuming you do (why wouldn’t you?!), you’ll want to click on that link, which will take you to a secure page that will allow you to customize how often you get an email from us. We’ll be posting here about once or twice a week, so be sure to pick the frequency that is most convenient for you. You can set it to:
- Instant: The moment we post a blog, you’ll get an email about it. Perfect for our biggest fans!
- Daily: At around 5 PM local time, you should receive an email with all of the day’s blogging activity. If we don’t post anything that day, you won’t get anything. What a perfect nightcap!
- Weekly: At the end of the week, you’ll get a single email containing everything we’ve posted earlier in that week. This is the Weekend Warrior setting! (Or you love us, but you don’t love-love us, and that’s OK too.)
If you’re reading this and didn’t get an email, you can still subscribe to our blog! Just type your email address into the box at the top right corner where it says “Follow Blog via Email”. Or if you’re a fancy computer person, you can subscribe to our RSS feed.
You can always unsubscribe at any time, no questions asked. In fact, every email will include a link to manage your subscription, if you find the frequency you chose isn’t working out. As ever, we will never sell or give away your email address for any other purposes but for us to keep in touch with you.
In fact, we love hearing from you! Under each blog post, you can leave a comment about what you think. You’ll also notice our Facebook and Twitter feeds on either side of this post, and there’s also our YouTube channel, where we’ve got original sketch comedy videos and footage from our live shows. If you’re on any one of those social media sites, friend, follow and/or subscribe, and be sure to leave a comment.
The internet is a lot of fun, but truth be told, there’s an even better way to stay connected: Live and in person! Sure it’s old fashioned, but we think it’s still the best way to do improv. We’ve got two exciting shows for you this weekend!
- Friday at 8 PM, we’re performing at the Westside Comedy Theater, which has just been renovated with a bar and improved seating! Tickets are $10, and your ticket is good for the rest of the night (The Waterbrains at 9 PM and Mission: IMROVable at 10 PM).
- Saturday at 8 PM, it’s our popular Family Friendly show with Jump Start Comedy Improv, an improv group from the Beach Cities area of LA county! The show is at our new home base of the Mary Pickford Studio. Tickets are $7 for the entire night!
Posted on October 3, 2011, in Shows, Updates and tagged Facebook, improv comedy, Jump Start Comedy Improv, Magic Meathands, Mary Pickford Studio, Mission: IMPROVable, sketch videos, subscription, The Waterbrains, Twitter, Westside Comedy Theater, Wordpress, YouTube. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.